IMPORTANT UPDATE TO COLLECTION PROCEDURES EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2021:
Please be advised that the Florida legislature has passed Senate Bill 56 which made significant changes to Condominium and Homeowners Association Law which changed the collection process of maintenance fees. These changes took effect on July 1, 2021.
For starters, unit owners are now required to receive a “written notice” from the Association or its Management company BEFORE their account is turned over to the attorney office (legal). The Association must execute and maintain a sworn affidavit attesting to the mailing of this written notice. The written first class mail notice will give the owner 30 days to pay in full all passed dues plus late fees/interest (If applicable). If not paid on time it goes straight to legal. At which time all legal fees and costs become owner’s responsibility.
The idea behind these changes is to allow owners more time (a minimum of 120 days) before a foreclosure action is commenced. Therefore, owners should now receive at least three (3) separate notices (1. 30-day management letter, 2. Attorney demand letter (45 days), and 3. Attorney lien letter (45days)) before a foreclosure is instituted.
Please Note: J & L Property Management will no longer accept payments thru Duespayments.com
The following are other ways you can make your payments:
- Visit any BB&T Branch (NOW TRUIST) to make your payment (Please be sure you present your coupon otherwise they will not be able to process it.)
- Mail your payment to: P.O. Box 628207, Orlando, Fl 32862
- Sign up for Auto Debit with BB&T (NOW TRUIST) free of charge (See Attached Form)
- Send an online payment AKA Bill Pay thru your bank
- If you would like to pay at www.truist.com/commercial-corporate-institutional/industry-expertise/association-services/hoa-payments with a credit card, check or a debit card, the charges are as follows.
- No charge if you pay by check
- $4.95 if you use your debit card
- 2.95% of the balance when using a credit card
- 2021 Truist Association Pay Deadline Date